TWHBEA Service Horse Program
TWHBEA is proud to announce the formation of a new program to benefit people who are interested in using horses in the service of others and their communities. We recognize the needs of training and documentation for those interested in Mounted Patrol, Equine Therapy, and Search and Rescue. We want to assist and encourage these worthwhile and important endeavors.
Click here to log hours and receive credit for viewing training videos.
Service Horse Application
Service Horse Instructor Application
How to register your service horse's hours
CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS ONLY – Click here to log hours
Certified Service Horse Instructors
The goals of TWHBEA’s Service Horse Program are to:
• Provide documentation assistance for members to keep training records for themselves and the training and usage of their horses
• Identify and develop service horse trainers and instructors and assist them with instructor development to teach safe, non abusive and ethical training methods.
• Provide online videos and current issues training to members via the TWHBEA website.
• Assist in providing economical Service Horse training clinics.
• Encourage members to use their horses in the service of others.
• Recognize the people that use their horses in the service of others.
The objectives of TWHBEA’s Service Horse Program are to:
• Develop a system for online documentation of training.
• Produce training videos that will assist in the training of members and horses.
• Identify existing training videos and incorporate them into the database.
• Encourage equine trainers and instructors to get involved.
• Develop a registration system for non-Tennessee Walking Horse Service Horses so records may be kept on their usage and training regardless of breed.
• Develop relationships with federal, state, local and private organizations to assist our members in finding ways to use their horses for mounted patrol, equine therapy and search and rescue.
• Provide members with an online market for the sale or purchase of service horses and related equipment via the TWHBEA website.
Benefits of TWHBEA’s Service Horse Program include:
• Access to the Service Horse area of TWHBEA’s website, which will host all online training videos that, when viewed, will be documented by your unique membership number and recorded to the database.
• The Service Horse area of the website will also include information on upcoming training and events, trainer and instructor listings and a link to the service horse and equipment online market.
• Through the Service Horse area of the website you will be able to document all of your training activities and all of the training and service activities of your horses.
In order to take advantage of this program, participants must purchase a membership with TWHBEA for the regular fee of $60.00 per year. Those that have never been a member of TWHBEA can purchase their first year’s membership for only $35.00. For those that wish to utilize the registration system for non-Tennessee Walking Horse Service Horses, there will be a one-time administrative fee of $40.00 in addition to the membership fee. Membership in TWHBEA will entitle Service Horse Program participants to all of the Association’s member benefits including access to programs, subscription to the Voice Magazine, the ability to conduct business at member rates, special discount programs and one free foal registration or transfer per year (foal must be registered within six months of foal date/transfer must be completed within 30 days of the purchase date).
For more information on TWHBEA’s Service Horse Program and member benefits please visit www.twhbea.com or call 931-359-1574.