How do I Register My Tennessee Walking Horse?
- Application must be completed clearly in ink - lead pencil is not acceptable
- Suggested names must be submitted. Spacing is required between words. Names cannot exceed 25 letters-including spaces and marks of punctuation. (See Rule 1.04)
- Foal date is necessary for submitting an application
- Signatures of the stallion owner of record at the time of service and the mare owner of record at the time of foaling are required for submission of application
- Stallion Breeding report number must be included. If mare is not on breeding report and the report was filed in a timely fashion, a $10.00 fee is required for her to be added to the report.
- Description must be completed. If animal is a tobiano, sabino, overo, overo/sabino, pictures are required-front, back and both sides.
- If foal is to be registered to a person other than the owner of the mare at foaling time, a transfer is required. The transfer must be signed by the mare owner at foaling time, with a date of purchase . There will be a fee due for both the registration and the transfer. Fee for registration is determined by the membership status of the mare owner at time of foaling.
- Parentage verification kits will not be issued without submission of a completed in order application.
- Parentage verification kits will bear the registered name and number of the animal to which it has been assigned. DO NOT USE THE KIT FOR ANOTHER ANIMAL. IF AN UNUSED KIT IS RETURNED TO TWHBEA, A REFUND WILL BE MADE.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING THE BLOOD OR PULLING HAIR SAMPLES FOR SHIPMENT ARE INCLUDED WITH EACH KIT-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. DO NOT SEND SAMPLE TO TWHBEA.
- Processing of sample by the laboratory could take from 10 days - 2 weeks from the time of receipt.
- Upon receipt of results from the laboratory certificate of registration will be sent to the owner.
- Gelding Registration Incentive: Registration fee will be $40.00 for members and $100.00 for non members until the animal is 36 months of age; After 36 months the fee will increase to $100.00 for members and $160.00 for non-members; Parentage verification kit fees and transfer fees will be additional; Statement from the veterinarian or person performing the castration must accompany the application for registration, and no foals will be registered from the gelding without exceptions; All registration requirements must be met.