TWHYA Apprentice Certified Riding Instructor Rules
1. Must be a paid and active member of TWHYA.
2. Eligible ages 14 -18
3. Applicant and Parent sign a Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
4. $25.00 non-refundable fee.
5. Submit competed application form.
6. Submit proof of First Aid and CPR Certification.
7. Provide proof of riding ability at 3 gaits in one of the following ways:
a. Demonstrate riding ability in front of a CRI or applicants may provide proof by submitting an iPED’s record.
b. Volunteering at a TWHBEA clinic or camp and receiving recommendation from the lead CRI.
c. Providing a minimum 10 minute video of riding skills to be evaluated by a current CRI and the TWHBEA Youth Coordinator or Youth VP.
d. Assist in giving a lesson in front of a current CRI or submit video to the TWHBEA Youth Coordinator or Youth VP.
8. Written Test given by a TWHBEA Director or staff member.
Application, check made out to TWHBEA, release and hold harmless agreement, proof of first aid, proof of CPR. Proof of riding abilities, signed note from CRI or video’s, mailed to:
TWHBEA Youth Coordinator
P.O. Box 286
Lewisburg TN 37091